EcoMetric is looking for a Junior Energy Engineer to help launch our office in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Full time internships and permanent positions are available. EcoMetric offers energy efficiency program planning, design and evaluation services for utilities, public agencies, and other program sponsors. We offer a casual, friendly working environment, and we are dedicated to the quality of our work and our client relationships. We offer competitive salaries, benefits and vacation package.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducting on-site inspections & end use metering activities at residential, commercial, and institutional facilities. Calculating and verifying savings for energy conservation measures using engineering and statistical techniques.
- Calculating energy savings with engineering algorithms, lighting calculators, eQUEST modeling and other tools.
- Utilizing and applying statistical, economic and financial analysis tools in support of business and policy analysis for demand-side management in the energy and utilities industry.
- Developing quantitative cost benefit or risk models.
- Analyze utility and energy efficiency program data utilizing Excel or other analytical software, identifying trends, summarizing program events, and identifying causal impacts on program results.
- Work independently or with supervision to participate in research efforts, ensuring consistency and quality of research methods.
- Conduct primary and secondary research.
- Document findings visually and/or verbally for memos and reports to clients and/or internal project teams.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in mechanical, civil, or electrical engineering and related disciplines.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Academic training in heat transfer, thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, HVAC, or other subject areas.
- Experience/expertise with data analytics/statistical packages; R, SAS, SPSS, Python, Stata, Excel VBA, Matlab or other software is a plus.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes with a brief cover letter to